Pursuant to Order No. ISAK-2463 “On the Approval of the Description of the Procedure for Holding a Selection of the Director of the State Research Institute by Way of an Open Competition Procedure” of the Minister of Education and Science of 1 December 2009 and Order No. P1-283 “On the Approval of Qualification Requirements for the Position of the Director of the National Cancer Institute” of the Minister of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania of 12 December 2019, the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania has announced a competition for the position of the Director of the National Cancer Institute.
Qualification requirements for the position of the Director of the National Cancer Institute (hereinafter referred to as the Institute):
1. have an impeccable reputation, as defined in Article 5 of the Republic of Lithuania Law on Science and Studies;
2. have a doctoral degree (PhD) in Medical and Health or Natural sciences;
3. at least 5 years of academic experience in Medical and Health sciencies;
4. possess management experience and at least 5 years of experience in leading a big team of scientists (with at least 10 scientists) or an institution division or a separate institution;
5. possess experience of participation in international projects of fundamental and (or) applied research and experimental development (hereinafter referred to as R&D);
6. have a good understanding of the Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania, the Labour Code of the Republic of Lithuania, the science and study policy of the European Union and Lithuania, legal acts governing the health care policy and its development prospects, the application of the latest advanced technologies in oncology sciences.
7. have a good understanding of ways of realisation of the main research directions of the Institute when evaluating further activities of the Institute in the field of R&D and oncology;
8. be familiar with the institutional system of administration of the European Union structural support in Lithuania;
9. having knowledge of document preparation, administration and accounting rules;
10. be fluent in one of the official (foreign) languages of the European Union;
11. fluency in Lithuanian (the language proficiency level must correspond to the requirements of the state language proficiency categories approved by Resolution No. 1688 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania of 24 December 2003 “On the Approval and Implementation of the State Language Proficiency Categories”).
Candidates to the position of the director of the National Cancer Institute must submit the following documents:
1. an application to take part in the competition (in a free form), containing his/ her contact details (telephone number, e-mail address, residence address);
2. apersonal identity document and / or its copy;
3. a document certifying a scientific degree and / or its copy;
4. a brief curriculum vitae;
5. a brief description of research activities and list of research publications (indicating 10-15 the most important research publications);
6. a draft of the Centre's 10-year strategy and guidelines of activities for the next 5 years;
7. a motivation letter;
8. information on participation in international R&D projects, science and study development or infrastructure projects ;
9. a list of activities that prove managerial experience;
10. other documents that allow objectively assessing the applicant’s qualification and eligibility (at the candidate’s discretion).
The National Cancer Institute Director's salary coefficient ranges from 10,0 to 17,83. The Director of the Institute may be paid a bonus for operating efficiency and / or a premium for activities exceeding the normal workload. The specific salary of the director of the institute shall be calculated and determined in accordance with the Description of the Procedure for Assignment of Salaries for Directors of State Research Institutes, whose Owner's Rights and Duties are Implemented by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sports approved by the Order No. ISAK-1089 “On the Approval of the Description of the Procedure for Assignment of Salaries for Directors of StateResearch Institute, whose Owner's Rights and Duties are Implemented by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sports” of the Minister of Education, Science and Sport of 4June 2007.
Candidates must deliver documents (or their translations) in Lithuanian directly to the Human Resource Division of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania (A. Volano g. 2, Vilnius, Room 108 or 107) not later than by 2 February 2020, inclusive, on Mondays to Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Thursdays to Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. either by e-mail (signing by an electronic signature) firstname.lastname@example.org or by a registered letter addressed to the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport, A. Volano g. 2, 01516 Vilnius.
If documents were sent by e-mail or by registered mail, the original documents shall be checked against their submitted copies when the candidate arrives for the competition.
For more information, please call: (8 5) 219 1108, (8 5) 219 1170.