What progress do you expect in diagnosis and treatment?
In diagnostics - molecular, genetic diagnostics, image fusion. In treatment - to increase a number of laparoscopic operations. Now they reach about 30% of all operations, but we believe that we can exceed number of laparoscopic operations up to 50% in future.
Doctors 8 Nurses 18
Total - 35
- Open surgery: 403
- Laparoscopic surgery: 118
- Endoscopic surgery: 659
- Other: 136
2060 patients were treated in the department, 280 patients were treated in day care facility. 1259 patients with malignant tumors of the urogenital system and 521 patients with non-malignant tumors were among the patients, treated at hospital.
Surgical activity according to localization
- Radical prostatectomy: 291
- Nephrectomy: 87
- Kidney resection: 98
- Radical cystectomy: 34
- “Molecular tools for individualisation of long-term monitoring and treatment of prostate cancer.” (2016–2018, Head F. Jankevičius).
- 3D ultrasound video systems, multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging, transperineal biopsy and molecular markers research, identifying clinically significant prostate cancer (2016–2021, Head A. Vėželis).
- A.S.I.N. - Study of actively monitored kidney tumors (2017-2026, Heads A. Ulys and A. Žalimas).
- I.A.L.P.O.S study - immunological differences of open and laparoscopic prostate cancer surgery (2017-2020, Heads F. Jankevičius, P. Bosas).
- Epidemiological research of genetic diversity and genotype - phenotype correlations of children and adults with tuberous sclerosis complex (2017-2027, Heads – R. Čerkauskienė, A. Ulys).
- Analysis of efficiency of prostate cancerexamination (screeening), based on PSA test (2017-2022, Heads G. Smailytė, A. Patašius).
The Lithuanian Ultrasound Association, together with the NCI and other partners, organises two events per year - the international scientific and practical conference “Ultrasound Diagnostics” and international scientific and practical
conference “Ultrasound Diagnostics Summer School: Theory and Practice”.
Updated 2018-05-03 08:19